Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Door to Door: Power of +ve Energy

Allow me to greet you and tell you a little about myself. As Watkins Associate Bill Porteryou probably know, I have cerebral palsy. The "world" told me I could never earn an income, my mother told me I could, and my father told me I must! And so I have, and still do. I am NOT dead (as people keep reporting), but nearly 73. Although physically less active, I still phone my long-time customers for their orders and to keep abreast of what is changing in their lives.


Guys, These are the words from one great salesman I ever knew about...

He is Bill Porter, the great salesman at Watkins working hard always to greet all the challenges of life with his phenomenal will to succeed.

I just came across this movie named "Door to Door" which is based on Bill's real life story, and after watching this I must say it has successfully ignited all my emotions to be determined for NOTHING ELSE BUT SUCCESS!

Bill is somewhere around his early 20's when the movie starts. He is suffering from cerebral palsy which doesn't allow him to talk smoothly or even tie his shoelaces on his own... he goes and grabs a job of a salesman who goes door to door knocking to sell the company's products. He faces lots of criticism from all around and still he sticks to his job as a salesman.

Initially he was well motivated by his mother and he starts of with small baby steps in his career as a salesman. Later the reality of life hits him hard, where he faces challenges every where in his personal life and still he keeps hitting hard as a salesman. The person who was dependent on his mother during his 20's starts taking care of his mother as if she is under 20's and yet keep working hard on his job as a salesman.

Making relations with people and converting them into his customers never stops despite of challenges he was facing in his life. He keeps on working hard, living life as it comes and moving ahead with time, finally reaches a stage where he was the best salesman at Watkins... grabbing "Salesman of the Year" title.

Humble character with mighty will and strongest desire to succeed keeps him moving all the time. I have never seen such a person in my life, and I must say my all emotions are charged to follow his foot steps. I am inspired by the spark of his personality and I am all set to buy a personal copy of this movie "Door to Door".

Guys, its a must watch movie for all of us, as we all are facing pressures all around our life. We can't even afford to think about letting ourselves down against a single odd thing after watching this movie...

I think I have experienced the Power of Positive Energy and if you too wanna feel the same, just get your movie player loaded with "Door to Door" ("Highly recommended" - Shrenik)

Cheers!

No comments: