Sunday, August 20, 2006

Mission Korighad


Friends,

Yesterday, I got a chance to visit Korigadh, the fort located at just 30 mins drive from Lonavala.

Reaching at top was a good time. Moving through ruff terrains, crossing streams and puddles and moving inches close to bushes... I call it a luxury of life, if you are living in a city like Mumbai.

Though I enjoy drizzles when I am out to enjoy, this time my fingers were crossed through out our journey as I was eager to capture every moment in camera.

Weather was excellent through out the day. Partly cloudy - partly sunny, just right for a trek like this. I could see some glances of beautiful western ghats while we were on the way to top. But after reaching on top I realized what a strategic location was chosen by Shivaji the Great Maratha! Words are not enough the describe the beauty of this jewel.

We spent 2 hours on top of this fort, moving around in all directions and enjoying those wide wide wide horizons made up of beautiful mountain ranges. This has been added to my memory's special corner "Memorable Experience of my Life".

I have managed to capture around 250+ pictures of this trek. Will upload them soon. Keep watching this space and of course http:\\photographybyshrenik.blogspot.com

No comments: