Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Ethical business

Hi folks,

Recently I received one SMS from my mobile service provider (Airtel). This message was saying that, Airtel has reduced its local/STD rates upto 50%. You Also get 50 SMS free. All this you will get at a 1time fee of Rs200/- .

Wow! Look at that! They are offering reduced rates with a one time fee? Where as all the new subscribers will be availing these benefits by paying regular amout. Since I am using this service for more than a year, I will be charged Rs200/- to avail this facitlity! And, if I don't call them up to say that I am not interested in their offer, this charges will be added implicity to my monthly bill.

I don't understand this style of business! When my service provider is reducing the charges of the calls, why the hell I am being forced to pay one time fees to obtain the benefits. The fees are being charged to me implicitly unless I call them up and refuse to take the service. Considering the huge amount of subscriber base, I feel that they have just found another easy way to take money out of the customer's pockets.

The Airtel brand, owned by the Bharti Telecom is projecting their vision statement as “To make mobile communications a way of life and be the customers' first choice”, I want to ask them Is this is the way of life? Was it our mistake that we choose to talk via bharti's infrastructure?
Come on guys! Where are the business ethics? You charge your old subscribers to avail the benefits of reduced rates and at the same time you are attracting new subscribers by showing them carrot of cheap call rates.

Come on! Find some good way to make money.

No comments: